Check Camper Cabin Availability
Please Note: Windigo Camper Cabins are located 45 miles from Rock Harbor Lodge
Located in Washington Harbor at the Southwest end of the island, Windigo is accessible from Grand Portage, Minnesota via The Voyageur II and the Seahunter or from Houghton, Michigan via Royale Air Service floatplane. The Windigo camper cabins are rustic, one room cabins that provide a unique alternative to tent camping.
- Full service through Sept 12
- Table and Chairs
- Futon Sofa
- 2 Bunk Beds with Mattresses
- Electrical Outlets
- Cabins do not have indoor plumbing. An outdoor privy is conveniently located nearby.
- Each cabin includes a picnic table and grill for outdoor cooking. Cooking is not permitted inside the cabins.
- Amenities can be rented at the Windigo Store (bed packs, cookware, and dishes).
- Pets are not allowed in Isle Royale National Park.
- Smoking is not permitted inside cabins.
- Cabins do not have A/C or heat.
Please keep in mind that there are only two Windigo Camper Cabins. Bookings for the Camper Cabins began on January 3rd, 2022. These cabins do book up for the entire season within a week of reservations opening; therefore, if you notice zero availability on the booking site, it is because the cabins are completely booked. Cancellations are not common, but do occur on occasion. If a cancellation occurs the booking site will be updated with that cancellation immediately. The best way to check for cancellations is to check the booking site periodically. We appreciate your understanding and interest in Isle Royale Resort's Windigo Camper Cabins.
The only transportation to Windigo is the Voyageur II, the Sea Hunter and the Isle Royale Seaplanes. We encourage you to check their schedules before you book.
To guarantee a reservation for the Windigo Camper Cabins a prepayment of full amount of your stay is required. The deposit is a nonrefundable. If reservation is canceled you forfeit the entire deposit.