Multi-Day Lodge-Based Kayak Adventure
Explore the island from the water by sea kayak during the day — and then relax each evening and sleep easy at the comfortable Rock Harbor Lodge. Each day we will paddle the crystal clear near shore waters and underwater rocky shoals of Isle Royale. Steeped with historical destinations and numerous trail overlooks, this island provides endless opportunity for exploring. This all inclusive trip includes passage on the Ranger III from Hougton, sea kayaks and paddling gear, meals while on the island, and qualified guides.
- Enjoy incredible wildlife sightings, beautiful coastal paddling, Bangsund wolf research station, Edisen Fishery, and Lake Superior
- Trip Leaders are ACA- and First Aid/CPR-certified; July trip has a biologist, July/August trips have a cultural geographer/photographer
- Comfortable lodging for 5 days/4 nights provided at Rock Harbor Lodge (trip cost includes all meals, sea kayak gear, and guides)
- Difficulty: Some paddling experience suggested, but not necessary. Participants should be able to participate in physical activities. Paddling trips will vary from 4-8 miles daily with planned breaks. Hiking should be less than 2 miles over uneven and rocky terrain.
- Trip departs from Houghton, Michigan on the National Park Service's Ranger III ferry
- Trips limited to 12 guests
- Advanced reservations required; $500 per person deposit to secure spot
- For reservations, call 888-502-8373 or email email@example.com
Get out and see the island up close! Loons crying in the early mornings, gray wolves and moose telling the story of survival and co-adaptation. Visit world recognized Bangsund cabin, where over 25 years of wolf and moose research has taken place.Learn More & Book
- Incredible wildlife sightings, Bangsund wolf research station, largest moose skull collection in the world, Edisen Fishery, Lake Superior.
- Trip Instructors and Guides - Wildlife biologist, paddling guide
- Start Location - Houghton, Michigan, National Park Service Ferry-Ranger III
- Includes - Comfortable lodging for 5 days/4 nights provided at Rock Harbor Lodge, all meals, sea kayak gear, and guide.
- Grade - Some paddling experience suggested, but not necessary.
For Reservations, Please Call: Learn More & Book
Summer: (906) 337-4993
Winter: (866) 644-2003