Windigo Camper Cabins are fully booked for the 2019 season. Reservations for the 2020 season will begin on January 2nd, 2020.
Or Call - Summer: 906-337-4993
Please Note: Windigo Camper Cabins are located 45 miles from Rock Harbor Lodge
Located in Washington Harbor at the Southwest end of the island, Windigo is accessible from Grand Portage, Minnesota via The Voyageur II and the Seahunter or from Houghton, Michigan via Royale Air Service floatplane. The Windigo camper cabins are rustic, one room cabins that provide a unique alternative to tent camping.
- Full service through Sept 12
- Table and Chairs
- Futon Sofa
- 2 Bunk Beds with Mattresses
- Electrical Outlets
- Cabins do not have indoor plumbing. An outdoor privy is conveniently located nearby.
- Each cabin includes a picnic table and grill for outdoor cooking. Cooking is not permitted inside the cabins.
- Amenities can be rented at the Windigo Store (bed packs, cookware, and dishes).
- Pets are not allowed in Isle Royale National Park.
- Smoking is not permitted inside cabins.
- Cabins do not have A/C or heat.
To guarantee a reservation for the Windigo Camper Cabins, you are required to make a deposit of the rate of the first night’s stay. That deposit is a nonrefundable, nontransferable deposit. That means if you cancel the reservation or change the reservation you forfeit the entire deposit.